Thursday 14 August 2014

Woodshedding

A good rehearsal - the set for Saturday in Wishaw is sorted, 10 songs, 32 minutes.

Onstage around 7:30 as part of Be In Beltane, in Belhaven Park - Sat 16 August.

We also ran through a bunch of songs from the "long list" for France. Preparations are going well.

Non-set tunes this week were : 

Pauper's Grave
Prairie Chain
Long Screamin Slide 
Early Grave
Defying Science
Sister
Have Some Fun
Heya
Justify
Someone to Love

Tunes for next week : 

You're Not Here Now
Primeval Call
Starting All Over Again
Burden Of The Debt
Black Cloud
Where The Bones Are Buried
Down Where The Madness Grows
In A Violent Way
Girl It's Me

We managed not to be as loud as last week, and we had fun playing Prairie Chain almost too fast - a proper "ramming speed" version. It doesn't swing at that pace, we are just on a runaway horse hanging on for dear life - but it's great fun. Some variability on hearing my vocals in the monitors too - all good prep for being on the road.  

I am stripping back the pedals so I can have as few as possible on the road - tuner, vibrato, one distortion - and maybe a spare distortion. This way I know I can get a decent clean amp sound, gussy it up with a stomp box I like, and I'm all set. 

Now - some Corte Mayor Rioja, and no music at all, because my ears are kind of done in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment