Friday 8 April 2011

Nearly time to go

I've spent the last hour blasting through bits of the tunes, working on how the fuzzboxes behave differently with the different guitars. 

The Tele had been sounding like the better choice overall then in the last 20 minutes the Strat seemed to leap out more. That's good - I can try both on the night and see which suits the room better. Both work well and are pretty close in range of sounds.

Busy day today with odds and ends to pick up - Euros, spare fuses for the amp, spare lead, switch cleaner, and I've made up an emergency guitar repair kit with soldering iron, meter, Allen keys, screwdrivers, snips. I've got 5 spare sets of strings with me, a ton of plectrums. Clothes packed - it's going to be HOT in London and HOTTER in France. 

If I can, I'll add some updates from the road. This has been great fun so far, and I've been uplifted by the support from friends far and near, including many online friends. There should be a contingent from The Word Massive at both the London and Brighton gigs. 

For now - I'm going to re-check my packing and then an early night as the van will be here at 7:30 tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment